Tuesday 21 August 2012

GUrrrrrrGaoN Musings......Not all things in life need make sense!!



To my
Kutty Poochi,
Baby Jun, Junnu Kutty, Junnaboy
J
Hope you feel happier than what you look… reading this some day!!!
For being persistent enough in calling me by not my name…….
Love,
Siyaaaa

Waking up to a rather insistent “brrrr”; evoking “wee-wily-winkie” to down a bottle of milk; staring into nothingness and calling out for a car; watching toys being hurled around and responding to a call- for -action diaper situation were some of the unplanned getaways of my trip. I entered in and we hugged each other as if taking off from where we left.
Subsequently it was about getting updated. I figured I had missed pretty significant stuff- New cars had been added to his repository of toys, he had a new shoe with a car drawn on it, (managing to convince me that it made a “brrrrr”), his books had doubled in his little box and interesting titles such as “Things that move”/ “Goldilocks and three bears” had been added to the collection.  The books played a dual role. Not only were they used for reading, but also served to rest his tired feet, while he halted during many of his trample-around-the-house trips.
Barely 15 months, but he was proficient enough to coerce me into reading out to him his favourite chapter in his favourite book. And I couldn’t escape JUST reading. My tone had to necessarily be peppered with relevant and adequate modulations and inflections. For instance- the picture of the school bus- required me to accentuate it as schooooooool bus and I COULD be rewarded with a cheerful giggle if I also augmented it with a “and it goes Pom Pom…” The flip side of not doing so is not too severe though- apart from visible anger demonstrated via grinding of his 4 teeth, an animated movement of his hands , all set to violently land on my face, head, stomach-well pretty much anywhere! My skin was soon to be punctuated with traces of red marks attributed to his nails. Kisses needed to be persistently demanded with love & again if he “chose” to be gracious enough , occasionally I was the recipient of one sloppy whoosh of his tongue. Sheer excitement followed everytime I got hold of the car keys. It would range from a little jig around the spot, to dragging his “weighed-down-by-diapers” tiny bottom to get his shoes. I would unquestioningly have to then assist him to slide his feet into them (mind you! YOU do get chided/grunted at if HIS leg doesn’t go in seamlessly!) . The outcome is worth a watch though. A scurry to the lift and an unparalled  joyous wait for the lift to negotiate its way through 17 floors. Getting the car out of the garage was a tough battle- with  his suspicious eyes doubting that I might just leave him behind.
Time at home was no less colorful. The house often drew the semblance of one that was rattled- vessels strewn around; food in food out was the order of the day- could be poop or could be his fingers artistically at work  inside his mouth drawing out the not-so relishable pieces. Piano lessons (read inflicting damage on the keys) was part of his agenda IF it was part of mine. He had to totter to where I sat , straining his tiny hands towards me to lift him and place him on my lap.
And then it’s time for night to descend  and for wee-wili-winkie to be reminded of his obligations…only soon to be forgotten….only to switch of the lights and prop a bottle of milk in baby’s mouth….only to caress his feather like hair and plant many a soft kiss….only to sing …..
Rain Rain go away
Come again another day
Rain Rain go to Spain
Never show your face again J
Well- not all things in life need make sense  J

No comments:

Post a Comment