Tuesday 21 August 2012

Of Castles.....


Of clenched fists and first encounters the odyssey begins. What could be aptly christened “The battle of birth” remains anonymous, for the innocent mind has nothing to compare. Unsullied, anew with vigor the move can only be forward – no strappings of a ‘debilitating past’ to reverse gears!

I grope- I lay the walls of my little house
To be the aegis of my dreams
Clasping onto sand with mighty will

Of roots founded on dreams of beneath-your–breath wishes, of unaccomplished deeds, of castles…..
Then there are the phases-(in)significant milestones building over each other ostensibly leading me to the portico of a coveted destination- of myriad possibilities, of hard to quell desires, of never to be reneged pronouncements- unleashing the floodgates of what I covertly guarded-of murmured wishes, of within-my-grasp deeds, also of castles….


I burnish the walls of my mansion
Guarding it- akin a well-kept secret
I elevate the bar to scale new heights
Naïve of the roots that held the daunting beams

The evening rays streaked in through my castle- casting a deep hue over the scarlet baked bricks. Was it a glow of satisfaction or was it life’s reminder of bricks aged over the years? I stood as an owner of my dreams –my castle a paragon of accomplishment. I clasped my coat on tightly – the wind circled fiercely throwing the gauntlet to noisy gulls. I felt the ground beneath my feet quiver- I held onto the keys of my castle- but hither do I take it? My castle- the epicenter of my life was the protagonist of the finale…A lifetime spent on building the walls had transpired----the roots lay exposed to nature’s sojourn to life

If only I knew the root of labour
Lay in a “breath”
As life’s only gift is life itself

Of thoughts that build the frame of mind…
Of Castles ….Weathered away by time

No comments:

Post a Comment